Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Repeat on burqa in musician AR Rehman's daughter and Taslima Nasreen

 Repeat on burqa in musician AR Rehman's daughter and Taslima Nasreen

Repeat on burqa in musician AR Rehman's daughter and Taslima Nasreen


Last year, Rehman was criticized for the same issue, and the musician replied that the women in his family were free to wear whatever they wanted.
Defending her dress choice, Khadija Rehman, daughter of renowned Indian musician AR Rehman, has asked Bangladeshi-born Swedish writer Taslima Nasreen to search Google for the meaning of "real feminism".
He said this on his social media account where his picture in burqa was criticized. Earlier this month, Taslima tweeted that she felt "suffocated" when she saw pictures of AR Rehman's daughter. Sharing a photo of Khadija's niqab, she wrote: "It's really depressing to know that educated women from cultural families can be so easily brainwashed!"


On Ms. Khadija's suggestion of Google search, Taslima wrote, "Ms. Khadija, if you google it, you will know about my struggle for women."


It was last year that Rehman faced criticism over the same issue, and the musician replied that the women in his family were free to wear whatever they wanted. Academy Award-winning music director AR Rehman shared a photo of his wife and two daughters with the hashtag 'Freedom to Choose'.


Now, after Taslima Nasreen's post, Khadija herself used it to reply to the author on Instagram. "It's only been a year and the issue has resurfaced," he said. So much is happening in the country and people are only worried about what a woman wants to wear. Wow, I'm surprised! Whenever this topic comes up, the fire inside me ignites and forces me to say a lot. Over the past year, I've discovered several versions of myself. I will not be weak, nor will I be ashamed of my choice in life. I am happy and proud of what I do. Thanks to those who have accepted me as I am. My work will speak, God willing. I don't want to say more than that. "

In her next post, Khadija said that she appreciated the love and support of the people on social media and thanked them for it. "I urge you all not to use abusive language or make hate speeches against Miss Taslima. Let's try to be a broad-minded society where we acknowledge the likes of our fellow human beings and remember the submission in our prayers and not judge them on the basis of their likes and dislikes.


Finally, before posting a photo with his father and sister Rahmeen in Baku, Azerbaijan, which he titled 'Quiet Time with Family', he shared and wrote a photo of a woman in a burqa 'Why double standards? And why worry only for women of one faith? Have we not seen men in turbans? Then why are women targeted because of their choice when it comes to a particular religion? Why? Why? And why? I do not understand.'

Post a Comment

0 Comments